FCN Bank opened its doors on January 2, 1901, the first business day of the 20th Century. The “Franklin County National Bank” opened with $25,000 capital, raised from the selling of 250 shares of stock priced at $100 a share. That first year, 1901, the bank recorded net earnings of $1,160.97, the first of many profitable years for FCN.
Originally the bank was located at 517 Main Street, what most Brookville residents know as the Poppers Building. The bank occupied the right-hand side, and this Ben Winans photo (provided here compliments of Don Dunaway) shows the bank lobby in 1906.
In 1913, the present main bank building was constructed at 501 Main Street. Construction was delayed for many months due to the Great Flood of 1913. This picture shows the bank in 1914. In those days, the back of the bank was occupied by the Brookville American newspaper, and its entrance was near the back on the right.
As times started changing and the world became computer integrated FCN Bank started to expand. In 1993 FCN Bank purchased their first expansion bank in Everton, Indiana, followed by the building of a brand new branch in Batesville, Indiana in 1998. In 2003 FCN Bank then purchased another bank in Sunman, Indiana and in 2008 FCN Bank crossed state lines into Ohio and built a branch in Harrison, Ohio.
Currently the FCN Bank main branch is located in the original building built in 1913. FCN Bank is compromised of our main headquarters, and 4 additional branches. FCN Bank employees 98, and is continuing to grow.
FCN Bank has continued and will continue to be your community bank.