FCN Bank Bill Pay Agreement / Terms and Conditions for the Standard Bill Pay Service, Person-to-Person (P2P) Payments and ACH Payments
Welcome to FCN Bank’s Online Banking Bill Pay Service. Use of the Bill Pay Service indicates acceptance of terms and conditions set forth in the Online Banking Agreement & Disclosures and the terms and conditions set forth in this Bill Pay Agreement & Disclosures (“Agreement”) as each may be jointly and/or independently amended from time to time. By accepting this Agreement, you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please read the Agreement carefully as it is our legal agreement with you that governs your use of our Bill Payment Service.
- Through online banking you may access our optional Bill Pay Service. The Bill Pay Service allows you to schedule payments through the Internet for current, future, and recurring bills from your checking account. This traditional Bill Pay service includes the option to pay individuals via ACH or mailing address. In addition to the traditional Bill Pay Service you can also make P2P payments (Person-to-Person). This P2P service allows you to send funds to an outside customer via an email with instructions detailing how the receiving party can be sent the funds. The recipient determines the bank where the funds will be deposited without disclosing account information directly to the sender.
You may use FCN Bank’s Bill Pay Service to make payments from your designated checking account to the Payees you choose in accordance with this Agreement. The terms and conditions of this Agreement are in addition to the agreements, disclosures and other documents in effect from time to time governing your deposit account with us, including the Deposit Account Agreement & Disclosures (“Deposit Agreement”), and the Online Banking Agreement & Disclosures.
“Bill Pay Service” and/or “Service” means the bill pay service that FCN Bank makes available over the Internet with iPay and is also a Service under the Agreement. “Bank”, “we”, “our”, or “us” means FCN Bank. “Account” means the deposit account you designate to process Bill Payment transactions through. “Payee” or “Merchant” means anyone you designate and we accept as a payee. “Payment” means your remittance to a payee.
- Requirements & Restrictions. To subscribe to Bill Payment, you must have a checking account in good standing with FCN in accordance with our criteria. If you have more than one checking account with FCN, you will need to select which checking account you want to use as you pay each bill on the system.
The standard Bill Pay Service is currently offered at no cost to you. It is a free service. However, the additional P2P feature does have a fee of $1.00 per use. Contact a FCN Bank Customer Service Representative for more details at 800-575-3262. Fees related to your deposit account activity apply when you use this service. We reserve the right to change the fees charged for this service in the future.
If an individual, business, or organization gives their online banking ID or password to an accountant or someone other than the person filling out the application, the account holder, business or organization is liable for all payments made through the Bill Pay System. By allowing someone else access to your Online Banking information you are also giving them access to the Bill Pay System. FCN Bank is not liable for any transactions processed through the system if the user ID and password were given to anyone that did not fill out the application.
The Bill Pay System is restricted to pay a maximum of $50,000 per item/check. The Person-to-Person Payment (P2P) via email is limited to $1,000 per item and $2,500 per day. The Pay an Individual via ACH or via address information is limited to $1,000 per item and $2,000 per day.
Requirements for dual signatures on checks do not apply to the Bill Payment Service.
- Payee Designation. You can use the Bill Payment Service to make payments to almost any Payee or Merchant, including individuals, local service providers, utilities, credit cards, mortgage or loan payments, or charitable donations, etc.
The Bill Payment Service cannot be used to make payments for the following:
- Tax payments to the Internal Revenue Service or any state, local or other government agency;
- payment of illegal transactions;
- Court-ordered payments such as child support or alimony; and
- Payees located outside of the United States.
By furnishing us with the names of your Payees (Merchants and/or individuals) and their addresses, you give us authorization to follow the Payment instructions that you provide to us. When we receive Payment instructions for the current date or a future date, FCN will remit the funds to the Payee on your behalf from the funds in your designated Account; on the day you have instructed them to be sent (“Payment Date”). We are not obligated to pay funds from your Account if the available Account balance is insufficient to cover the Payment. Funds for bill payments paid electronically will be withdrawn from your account on the scheduled payment date. Funds for bill payments paid by check will be withdrawn from your account when the check clears during the normal paper check process.
We are not responsible if a Payment cannot be made due to incomplete, incorrect, or outdated information provided by you regarding a Merchant, or if you attempt to pay a Merchant that is not on your Merchant Accounts list.
- Making / Scheduling Payments. You may use the Bill Payment Service to authorize recurring payments or non-recurring payments. Recurring payments are payments that you schedule in advance to recur at substantially regular intervals in the same amount to the same Payee. Non-recurring Payments are a single, one-time Payment to a specified Payee.
Payments are processed Monday through Friday at 3:00pm Eastern Time, except on Federal holidays. If you attempt to schedule a Payment on a weekend or Federal holiday, you will be prompted to select a different date, or the Payment will be processed on the preceding business day if it is an automatic recurring Payment. The Payment method may be electronic or by check. Payment to a Merchant must be scheduled at least five (5) business days prior to the due date for each Payment (recurring or variable) to allow adequate time for the Payment to reach the Payee. The due date is the date the Merchant has designated for payment, and should not be adjusted for any grace period or late date accommodations the Merchant may provide. It may take up to (10) business days for your payment to be processed by the Merchant.
Any Payments made with the Bill Payment Service require sufficient time for your Payee to credit your Account. To avoid incurring a finance charge or other charges, you must schedule a Payment sufficiently in advance of the due date of your Payment. If you fail to schedule your Payment according to the recommended timeframe, we will not be responsible for the late fees or finance charges. We will not be liable if any third party, through whom any Payment is made, fails to properly transmit the Payment to the intended Payee.
You agree to have available funds in the Account you designate in amounts sufficient to pay for all Payments requested, as well as any other payment obligations you have to us. We reserve the right, without liability, to reject or reverse a Payment if you fail to comply with this requirement or any other terms of this Agreement. If you do not have sufficient funds in your designated Account and we have not exercised our right to reverse or reject a Payment, you agree to pay for such payment obligations on demand. You further agree that FCN, at our discretion, may charge any of your accounts with us to cover such payment obligations.
- Change or Delete Payments / Stop Payments. Any Payment can be changed or cancelled provided you access the Service prior to 3:00pm Eastern Time on the business day the Payment is going to be processed.
You may place a stop payment online, at the local FCN Branch or by calling 800-575-3262. If a check is created you can stop payment up until the Payment has cleared. If it is an electronic payment you cannot do a stop payment.
We shall not be liable for a check if the stop payment is not presented prior to the time the check has cleared. Once the Payment has cleared, you can no longer stop payment.
- Payment Guarantee. If all Payment guidelines were followed and a Payment is received late by a Merchant resulting in a late fee, at FCN Bank’s discretion, FCN Bank will make an attempt to have the Merchant waive the late fees. If the Merchant is unwilling to waive late fees, late fees will be covered by FCN Bank. However, due to factors beyond FCN Bank’s control such as the U.S. Mail and payment processing at the Merchant, it is not guaranteed that a Payment will be posted on the fifth business day (or second, if issued electronically). It is imperative to note that Merchant grace periods are not taken into consideration, and if adequate lead time prior to the payment due date was not allowed by you in scheduling the Payment this Guarantee is void.
NOTE: If the Merchant is not willing to discuss late fees or status of the account with FCN Bank, you will be notified and advised that the Merchant requires your authorization before further discussions can occur between FCN Bank and the Merchant.
- You are solely responsible for controlling the safekeeping of and access to your Bill Pay information. You are liable for all transactions you make, or that you authorize another person to make, even if that person exceeds his or her authority. If you want to terminate another person’s authority, you must change your Online Banking log-in password. In the event that you have experienced unauthorized access to Bill Pay, you must notify us of the unauthorized access, identify any Payments made or potential Payments scheduled, and change your log-in information.
You will be responsible for any Payment request you make that contains an error or is a duplicate of another Payment. We are not responsible for a Payment that is not made if you did not properly follow the instructions for making the Payment. We are not liable for any failure to make a Payment if you fail to promptly notify us after you learn that you have not received credit from a Payee for a Payment. We are not responsible for your acts or omissions or those of any other person, including, without limitation, any transmission or communications facility, and no such party shall be deemed to be our agent.
In any event, we will not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive losses, damages, or expenses in connection with this Agreement or the Service, even if we have knowledge of the possibility of them. We are not liable for any act, failure to act or delay in acting if it is caused, in whole or in part, by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
Inactivity. If you do not access or use the Bill Pay Service for a period of more than 180 days, we may in our sole discretion, suspend your access to and use of the Bill Pay Service without notice to you.
- We reserve the right to terminate your use of Bill Pay at any time without prior notice to you.
If, for any reason, you should want to terminate your use of our Bill Pay Service, we recommend that you cancel all future Payments and transfers at the same time you terminate the Service, either by deleting the Payments yourself or by contacting the Bank as stipulated below. We will delete all outstanding payments (both one-time and recurring), as part of your Service termination.
We are not responsible for any fixed Payment made before we have a reasonable opportunity to act on your termination notice. You remain obligated for any and all Payments made by us on your behalf through the Bill Payment Service.
Should you opt to discontinue any of the Accounts or Services to which this Agreement pertains, you must call us at 800-575-3262 or provide written notice to us immediately at the following address: FCN Bank, Attn: Online Banking Dept., PO Box 37, Brookville, IN 47012.
- Agreement Assignment and Amendment. We may assign this Agreement to any affiliate, parent or other company. We may also assign or delegate certain of its rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to such third parties as we may elect upon notice to you whereupon we shall be released from any and all further liability or responsibility related thereto.
We reserve the right to amend or cancel any of the provisions of this Agreement, including changes to any fees, costs, or assessments. We may amend or cancel any provision or charge by disclosing the change electronically, and, at our discretion, by sending you notification in addition thereto. We will provide notice of thirty (30) days of any changes (or such lesser period as may be allowed by applicable law) unless an immediate change is necessary to maintain the security of the system. You may choose to accept or decline amendments, cancellations or changes by continuing or discontinuing the accounts or services to which these changes relate. We also reserve the option, in our business judgment, to waive, reduce or reverse charges or fees in individual situations.
If you have any questions or payment discrepancies, please contact our Online Banking Department at 800-575-3262.